Wednesday, June 5, 2019

D-Day 2019

75 years ago the youth of America, Canada, England, Australia and others gathered on the waterfront of an English port. They boarded ships bound for occupied France. Others boarded planes bound for the same place. What they did is something we can never fully repay them for. This is the only way I can think of to honor them.

For what they did........and this can't be overstated, they secured our freedom by literally enduring hell on earth and so many of them never came home.


The Sgt. pictured with me above was on Omaha Beach on June 6th, 1944. I met him two years ago while attending an honor flight. I feel bad that I didn't record his name.

Our Military has answered the call all over the world so that we may live free. With that in mind, I hope that everyone will scroll down and download any or all of the Birdcage shows. It's my way of saying thanks. I was lucky enough to enjoy the freedom won for us by those brave souls. I used that freedom in the 80s to become the DJ Bird guy and do all the dumb stuff I did. The last two years, I created these shows to sound like what it used to sound like on WLIR & WXXP.

I want to thank Paul Cramer from XX Radio wxxp.com and Bob Wilson from WLIR.fm for playing these shows. Since I don't know how long these will be here, please.....I encourage you to download and share. It's the only way I have to say thanks.

With all that's happened, I can only say that this dumb kid from Levittown, NY was really lucky and truly blessed. May God bless you all.

----}- Bird


No comments: