Saturday, May 30, 2020

Open & Honest

As I finished up the 23rd (and perhaps final) Birdcage episode.......I felt like Nero. My country is on fire and in turmoil and here I am playing records. It's not a good feeling.

All I wanted to do was to get another show out.

Honestly, I started doing these shows because I can't find a radio station that plays good music. So essentially, these shows are for ME to sit on a patio, beer in hand and relax listening to some killer tunes. In addition, especially during this lockdown I hoped that some of you would also enjoy the chance to hear what WLIR or WXXP would sound like now if I had a show.

There's one more element to this.....I hope that one day, my girls will take an interest in what I used to do.....how I was a part of changing the music world in the 80s. So these shows document an incredible list of artists and songs that I championed in the clubs and on radio.

I hope in these troubled times that these shows give you some kind of happiness, if only for an hour or two.

May God bless the United States of America ----}- Bird




No comments: