Monday, June 4, 2018

RIP JEFF BECK

I had planned on releasing an article but something happened and instead I'm sitting here with tears running down my cheeks.

Jeff Beck AKA Jeff Carlson, the "Night Watchman" and great production guy passed away today. He was my friend, and I didn't expect to have this reaction. We knew of his illness, knew he had a tough fight on his hands and I shouldn't be surprised.

Sometime this afternoon, I got a strange feeling. I got back to my office and checked my email and there it was.

I could (and should) write pages on just what Jeff meant to me. From the Bob & Doug voices to Hot Spots and everything in between, Jeff was kind and thoughtful. Funny as hell and he taught me a lot about production. I heard his voice as I put together the show I did and posted on Facebook.

He will continue to inspire me. Goodbye Jeff......just know you made this world a better place.



----}- Bird

No comments: