Sunday, May 13, 2012

NO TIME TO REFLECT

One would like to have a few days at least to digest what has taken place so far in the 2012 NHL playoffs. Sadly, the schedule gods do not like us, never have. We'll need to regroup and focus our efforts on the dEvils and Uncle Daddy.

Allow me to take just a few lines to praise the Washington Capitals. They played one whale of a series and were perhaps just a bounce away from moving on. The kid goaler nearly matched Henke save for save. He limited the rebounds I had hoped to exploit and his poise, controlled movement and overall mental toughness was a pleasure to watch, if you love the game as I do.

Ovie was good but not great. I tip my hat to a team that left it on the ice. Hunter and McPhee can be proud of their guys.

Now, you don't need me to remind you about a rookie goaltender who took a talent laden NYR team to double overtime in 1994. It's only fitting that we help end his career with something that will "last a lifetime". I'm not predicting anything here, I'm wishing. Anyone who says they know what's going to happen here is lying to ya.

I'm watching the replay of last night's game seven as I type this out. I know the final score and yet I can't escape the tension and stress. There is no sense of relief, only a continuation of the white knuckle sensation that IS being a NY Rangers fan. Thankfully, we have a comedian for a head coach. Oh c'mon....you didn't laugh when Torts said to Mcguire "I'm not telling you" in response to a question about the power play adjustments made by the coach. Priceless, simply priceless.

I don't want to review the fantastic job done by our guys and coaching staff up to this point. We'll deal with that later. Torts had his team playing playoff hockey all year and it's paying off. The next two weeks will be agonizing, torturous and yet still somehow fun. I need to go out and resupply. I'll need a full fridge for this. Like you, I am sure looking forward to Monday night at MSG.

8 wins down, 8 more to go.

----}-

No comments: