Tuesday, March 14, 2017

DOUBLE TROUBLE

Time is running out on the Cat's playoff chances........

Bird at Paris NY around 1984

......so I'm making plans to travel to NY.

April 27th, 2017 at the Tribeca Film Festival the new movie, Dare To Be Different will debut. The story of how a small Long Island radio station changed the world. I'm not just going, I'm in it! Wow.

After the movie there will be three live bands playing. The English Beat, A Flock of Seagulls and Howard Jones, all WLIR staples. It's been a long process and to see it finally come out is going to be a treat. That assumes I'm not left out on the cutting room floor. :-)

Oh right, The Panthers. I'll be attending tonight's tilt vs Toronto as a guest of the Cats. My daughter Alex and I were at the BB&T center last week for the Ranger game and we both look forward to tonight's game. The Cats put themselves in a tough spot. Five consecutive losses will do that to ya every time. The Leafs are the team the Panthers need to catch so this is a four point game for sure.

I'm also excited to see the American kid who has taken Toronto and the NHL by storm, Auston Matthews. The 19 year old has that thing one needs to play in this league and from the games I've seen on TV he's a dominant player already. He's got a nose for the puck and it finds it's way into the net.

OK, back to the movie. Here are a few pics of the shoot I did for my scenes:

Action!

Ellen, Bird Denis & Roger

The set was a record store on Long Island

I sure hope the Cats win tonight.

I'll have much more to say about the movie as it gets closer to the date.

----}- Bird

No comments: