Monday, April 10, 2017

AND SO IT BEGINS......

There's not another tournament like it.......



The Stanley Cup playoffs begin this Wednesday. 

No, the Panthers didn't make it this season and I could spend some time listing the reasons. Fact is they didn't win enough games no matter what the reasons may be. I like the way the team played down the stretch and I am hoping for a much better result next year. But for now, all eyes are on the playoffs.

There are some fantastic first round match ups including the Rangers vs the Montreal Canadians. 

On a completely different topic, I'm returning to NY for the world debut of the new movie, Dare To Be Different. This documentary tells the story of WLIR 92.7 in NY and how we changed the world in music. I'm flying in on April 27th and appear that night and the next night at the Tribeca Film Festival. I'm in this movie but unsure if I'm in it more than a few minutes. Still, all the great DJs and musicians from those days are featured. On Thursday, April 27th not only is the movie debuting but three bands will play live. The Alarm, A Flock of seagulls and The English Beat.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing everyone I can if only to say thanks. I can't tell you how much your support has meant over the years. I've had a few tough breaks in my life and it'll be nice to have a happy memory and a little fun.




On Saturday the 29th I'll be a guest vocalist with Joe Rock & The AllStars in Kings Park Long Island. Here's the details:

Price: FREE
Date: Sat, Apr 29, 2017 - Sun, Apr 30, 2017
Time: 9:00 pm - 1:00 am
Venue: Shanahan's
Location: 515 Old Dock Road Kings Park NY 11754
Joe Rock & The AllStars live
with guest vocalist DJ Bird
Get You Some Of That!

----}- Bird

No comments: