Monday, September 24, 2018

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOAN JETT

Hello folks, as we celebrate Joan Jett's birthday the 14th Birdcage show aired last night at wlir.fm


During the recording of this particular show I got permission (and an mp3) of the title track to Dare To Be Different. I just happen to check my email on my phone and there it was. So, I quickly switched out the song I had queued up and plugged in Joan Jett's newest song named for the movie.

Later on in the show I also played a band out of Pittsburgh called Leon, featuring Chris who was the lead singer of the Sponges.....one of my favorite local bands in Pittsburgh. "Good Thing" is a really good song and highlights his great vocals.



Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
The Pretenders
Lou Reed
David Bowie
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
The Replacements
Elvis Costello
Mojo Nixon & Skid Roper
Interferon
Echo & The Bunnymen
Concrete Blonde
Leon
Lords of the New Church

----}- Bird

No comments: