Sunday, September 30, 2018

THE BONDAGE BABIES & MORE

I have been really lucky to have learned from some of the best DJs ever to walk the planet.

Slave & Bird at the 1st Paris NY Reunion

Just as I got the gig at Monkey's I found myself with a few free nights on my hands. I took the time to visit these places I was hearing about. Legz was a name that kept coming up. So, I walked in and witnessed The Bondage Babies. A few years later I asked the owners of Paris NY to get Carlene to spin on Sunday nights.

It was the most diverse, punky and flat out cool scene one could imagine. I am forever grateful to Carlene as she along with a list of NY DJs inspired this DJ Bird character I play. I should make a list of all the DJs I listened to that helped teach me how to spin. Some were personally helpful, others I just watched. The NYC, Brooklyn, Queens and Long Island area from 1978 thru 1982 was a hell of a group to learn from.

INXS
DURAN DURAN
THE ENGLISH BEAT
THE JAM
X RAY SPECS
JANE'S ADDICTION
DEPECHE MODE
U2
DAVID BOWIE
SOUIXSIE & THE BANSHEES
MISSING PERSONS
SOUP DRAGONS
KISSING THE PINK
MINISTRY

----}- Bird


No comments: